Saturday, October 8, 2011

ACS Strides Against Breast Cancer - Jackson, MS

My motto for the year is becoming, "Have crown, will travel." So when the American Cancer Society in Jackson, Mississippi called and asked if I could join them that weekend for their Strides Against Breast Cancer, I said absolutely! Then they told me that I should be at the State Capital that Saturday at 5:00am. Uhhhh, okaaaay...

On Saturday, October 8, 2011, I showed up at the Mississippi State Capital at 5:00am bright eyed and bushy-tailed (Okay, so that's a lie. I showed up with my eyelids propped open with toothpicks and stumbled on the sidewalk, but I did accomplish mascara, lipstick, and a semi-straight crown). I spent 3 hours registering people for the event, and at 8am, walked the 5k with over 3,000 participants. And when it was all said and done, I finally woke up when I heard the dollar figure raised - over $80,000!

I finish with just one question - does anyone know how ACS in Jackson found out my name and phone number? Things that make you go hmmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment