Monday, August 15, 2011

Here's to Less Cancer and More Birthdays!

"Happy birthday is truly a victory song, because every birthday is a gift. Proudly supporting the American Cancer Society's strive for a world with less cancer and more birthdays, I'm your Ms. Louisiana Relay for Life IV, Tonya Lied Kidd."

 Being crowned Ms. Louisiana Relay for Life IV was such an incredible birthday gift. There are some amazing people that made this weekend possible that I would be remiss not to thank:

  • To Star White, Ms. Louisiana Relay for Life III, for being such an amazing Queen and friend. You sparkle as bright as your name implies. I hope to make you proud this year.
  • To  Amanda LaBorde for your incredible support during our weekend adventure. You know I never would have made it without you. And ChaCha is grateful for your veterinary skills.
  • To Caroline Cosgrove-Richard for teaching me festival pageant modeling and interview skills, and for always having a smile on your face.
  • To John Richard for being my "pageant mom" for the weekend.
  • To Kathryn Cosgrove for the wonderful hospitality and amazing gumbo.
  • To Bobbie Watts for being the big sister that I always wanted. Thank you for always taking care of me.
  • To Jennifer Haynes for our friendship and making the long trip from Monroe.
  • To Christiana Hayward and Patti Brister for being there in spirit.
  • To Amanda Thille for her vision in creating this pageant. I look forward to representing you and ACS this year. Even if you think a surprise onstage question is "fun" :).
  • To Cemone Mire Credeur for her encouragement and sense of humor throughout the pageant.
  • To my new sister queens Ralynn O'Brien and Ashley Woolledge, you are both fabulous. I look forward to a wonderful year.
  • To Lisa Guidry for your friendship, encouragement, and the beautiful roses.
  • To Heather Fox for your friendship and assistance.
  • To the Hickman Relay for Life Team for their amazing dedication to fighting cancer. I'm so proud to be on your team.
  • And to my parents, Jim and Kathy Lied, thank you for always being my greatest supporters. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment