Monday, September 19, 2011

The Louisiana Pecan Festival Pageant

In the early morning hours on Saturday, September 17, 2011 I drove to Colfax, Louisiana, to judge the Louisiana Pecan Festival Pageant. I wasn't sure exactly where Colfax was, but Evie Lou, my trusty GPS, got me to the Civic Center right on time.  It was so much fun getting to spend the day with my director, Amanda Thille, and seeing the excitement on the faces of the newly crowned queens and kings. This was my first time to judge a Festival pageant, and I very much enjoyed getting to know each of the Miss contestants during interview and was impressed with their poise under pressure on stage. The hospitality of the Pecan Festival Board was top notch, and I know they will have an amazing festival!

With my director, Amanda Thille

No comments:

Post a Comment