Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Visiting the Natchitoches Meat Pie Pageant

In the midst of Tropical Storm Lee, I made my second appearance as Ms. Louisiana Relay for Life at the Natchitoches Meat Pie Pageant on September 3rd. It's amazing how graciously the ladies of the Rhinestone Sisterhood have included me in their family. During the pageant, I had the pleasure of visiting with my dear friends, Lady Ray*la*ne IX, Heather Hickey Fox, and her sweet mom, Granny Ragley Heritage and Timber Festival, Rhonda Hickey. Any conversation with these two precious ladies will leave you in stitches - they know the pageant world so well, but have such an incredible sense of humor about it. I also had the opportunity to get to know the lovely and talented Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet, Ruth Fruge (ChaCha enjoyed her evening nap in Ruth's lap). It was an honor to represent the American Cancer Society among so many beautiful, well-spoken women.

It was so exciting to see two of my dear friends crowned in their respective divisions. Lori Adams won Mrs. Natchitoches Meat Pie, and the greatest excitement to me of the evening was seeing the lovely Amanda LaBorde crowned Woman Natchitoches Meat Pie Queen. These are two incredible women, and I know they will do a fabulous job traveling to represent their festival over the next year.

After the pageant, we discovered that all the restaurants in Natchitoches that serve meat pies close at 10pm, so we had a lovely dinner at Raisin' Canes. On the drive back to Monroe, my Southern Miss Golden Eagles won their football season opener against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs. All in all it was a fabulous Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment